Connexion     
 + Créer un compte ?
Afficher/Cacher la colonne
Qui est en ligne
50 Personne(s) en ligne (47 Personne(s) connectée(s) sur Forum)

Utilisateurs: 0
Invités: 50

plus...
Le ClaptonWeb a sa page facebook

Parcourir ce sujet :   1 Utilisateur(s) anonymes

EC`s New Year`s Eve Party
Accro
Inscrit:
28/03/2006 15:00
De Germany
Citation :

Hi Everyone.

Here's the report I promised for the 2008 New Years Eve Party at Woking.
Just a bit of background. this is a party put on by the " Guildford Sunday Group"
which is basically Guildford Alcoholics Anonymous. The Party takes place at the Woking Leisure Centre.
The Party is dry which makes for a superb atmosphere.( and very easy on the Wallet)

The band do two sets one before Midnight and the second set starting just after Midnight
This years band was called " The Fourth Edition" The line up was
Eric Clapton - Gtr and Vocals
Andy Fairwether Lowe - Gtr , Mandolin and vocals
Chris Stainton - Hammond
Dave Bronze - Bass and Vocals
Henry Spinetti - Drums
Gary Brooker - Piano and Vocals
Pete Townshend - Gtr and Vocals ( unable to attend due to illness although gear and gtr tech present)
Sharon? and Michelle?( Lady singers) - Backing Vocals

The first set was as Follows

Knock on Wood - E
Reconsider baby - G
Judge a book -G
Santa Clause is Back - A
Route 66 -A
Will The circle - C
Five Long Years - A
Wonderful Tonight - G ( Best version I have ever seen or heard)
Shake Rattle and Roll - E

The band then took a break, we had the Big Ben chimes on the Big Screen with the fireworks in London and then the Band returned just after Midnight.

the second set was as Follows

Midnight hour- E
Hoochie Coochie Man- A
Blueberry Hill - E
Sweet Souls Music - C
Putting on the Style - A
Gin House - E
Willie and the hand Jive -A
Whiter Shade of Pale - C
Cocaine - E

The Encore was
Old Black Joe - E

This was a great gig, the version of Wonderful Tonight was exceptional Claptons sound superb and a truly great lead break.
Clapton played a Clapton Strat all night, Andy F-L played a cream coloured Strat with what looked like just one Humbucker, I'll check this as I know his repairman and used a mandolin for putting on the Style.
Pete Townshend was set to appear and his gear was there. He would have used a small Fender amp which looked like a deluxe reverb.
Clapton had two tweed twins although they may have been Cornell amps hard to tell from where I was. The mix was great, very nice sound for a gym hall as well as the lighting which was excellent.
I have been to these parties many times and it never ceases to amaze me what a great atmosphere it is and how people have such a great time with not one drop of booze. Everyone takes picnics and just has a great time.
Clapton is at his most relaxed and his playing is effortless.the songs are clearly well known by the band but often Gary Brooker throws in a few ad libs which leaves the rest of the band confused as to where he's going which leaves a smiling happy Clapton just having a gig with his mates

Great fun , already looking forward to the event next year.

Link

Greetings

Sally

Posté le : 01/01/2009 20:18
Transférer la contribution vers d'autres applications Transférer
Re: EC`s New Year`s Eve Party
Accro
Inscrit:
30/03/2006 09:34
Merci Sally pour cette info.
Et bien, il y a le même chanceux qui assiste tous les ans à ces concerts. C'est un peu rageant non ?
Merci au moins pour sa chronique.

Posté le : 04/01/2009 20:18
Transférer la contribution vers d'autres applications Transférer

Haut   Précédent   Suivant