Connexion     
 + Créer un compte ?
Afficher/Cacher la colonne
Qui est en ligne
17 Personne(s) en ligne (14 Personne(s) connectée(s) sur Forum)

Utilisateurs: 0
Invités: 17

plus...
Le ClaptonWeb a sa page facebook

Parcourir ce sujet :   1 Utilisateur(s) anonymes

Bobby Whitlock
Accro
Inscrit:
28/03/2006 15:00
De Germany
Citation :
Bobby Whitlock & CoCo Carmel to Release New CD, 'Lovers' on Valentine's Day 2008

Joined on the new project by a stellar group of musicians, music icon, Bobby Whitlock and wife, CoCo Carmel, are set to release a new CD, "Lovers," for Valentine's day. The ten tracks, recorded and produced mostly in Austin, TX, chronicle the life and times of one of music's truly remarkable couples. Whitlock also tips his songwriting hat to former band mate, Eric Clapton with a gripping remake of the classic Derek and the Dominos, "Layla." In an interesting twist, Whitlock also put the finishing touches on "Dear Veronica," a tribute to Veronica Lake that he and Clapton began writing, but never completed until after the "Layla" sessions, nearly thirty-eight years ago.

According to Carmel, "We have literally had this project in the making for the past four years-it is our story, and Layla is really a tribute. I'm proud to be part of this experience."

And Whitlock added, "During the course of my career I have been very fortunate to have been a part of some great historical works. 'Lovers' is the finest of them all! It is my 'Layla' and my 'All Things Must Pass'."

Joined on this recording by Willie Nelson, David Grissom, Eric Johnson, Stephen Bruton, Brannen Temple, and James Fenner, Bobby and CoCo weave a musical tapestry with golden threads collected during a lifetime of living the music that they write. Whitlock's powerful voice is stronger than ever, appearing to have mellowed, becoming even richer with time. The lyrics, written mostly by Whitlock and Carmel, are very nearly embarrassing in a voyeuristic way; as if the listener is eavesdropping on a couple so much in love that they glow.

The guitar work blended into this recording is genius, born of the classic guitar album of all time, "Layla." Whitlock's voice begs for the emotion, and counterpoint of crying guitars punctuating the lyrics, and always has; "Best Days of Our Lives" is a perfect example of this. Further, Carmel's string arrangements and sax add raw emotion to material such as "You don't know" and the charismatic remake of "Layla." And, it is hard to believe that some of the notes that Carmel plays actually live in a saxophone.

Link

Here you can listen the tracks:

http://www.bobbywhitlock.com/

Greetings

Sally

Posté le : 14/02/2008 16:14
Transférer la contribution vers d'autres applications Transférer
Re: Bobby Whitlock
Accro
Inscrit:
30/03/2006 09:34
L'année dernière, le duo avait déjà sorti une version démo de leur album, en version limitée. Ils annonçaient déjà la version définitive sur laquelle ils travaillaient et enregistraient en cette fin d'année 2007. Ils annonçaient alors de nombreux invités... Au final, il semble qu'il n'y en ait pas tant que ça ! Dommage pour une énième participation d'EC qui aurait pu revisiter une fois de plus Layla, et enregistrer ce Dear Veronica datant aussi du bon vieux temps des Dominos.

Posté le : 14/02/2008 17:04
Accro
Inscrit:
17/01/2007 15:55
De Mérignac
Sno en a parlé dès hier dans la rubrique News, avec le lien suivant en Français.
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=219591

Ceci dit Boogaloo, je partage ta déception!

Posté le : 14/02/2008 20:11
Accro
Inscrit:
28/03/2006 09:30
Salut Ga,
On ne doit pas regarder, admirer ou lire le même “ClaptonWeb.com” car, sur mon écran, la dernière mise à jour de Sno dans la rubrique News remonte au 09/12/07 (nomination aux Grammy Awards)... ???

Posté le : 15/02/2008 11:13
Accro
Inscrit:
28/03/2006 09:30
Ah, d'accord, autant pour moi. Il faut aller dans les infos associées...
Mais encore faut-il avoir envie de cliquer sur “Voir les news” qui pour moi correspondent à “L'actualité d'Eric” figée depuis le 09/12 !

Posté le : 15/02/2008 11:33
Accro
Inscrit:
28/03/2006 15:00
De Germany
Je suis désolé, GA. I read at the news the nomination for the Grammy

Greetings

Sally

Posté le : 15/02/2008 11:43
Accro
Inscrit:
30/03/2006 09:34
Comme toi Claude, je n'avais jamais remarqué ou utilisé ces liens ! Honte à moi !

Posté le : 15/02/2008 11:57
Accro
Inscrit:
17/01/2007 15:55
De Mérignac
Citation :

Sally a éccrit,
Je suis désolé, GA. I read at the news the nomination for the Grammy

No problem Sally, anyway your post is complementary of Snogod’s News.

On left, below Escondido and front of “EC et Jeff Beck Ronnie Scott’s” You can see the Sno’s link.

Attacher un fichier:

jpg  B.Whitlock.jpg (12.14 KB)
200_47b5a7587f946.jpg 400X88 px

Posté le : 15/02/2008 15:53
Webmestre
Inscrit:
09/11/2005 12:20
Citation :

Claude1 a écrit:
Mais encore faut-il avoir envie de cliquer sur “Voir les news” qui pour moi correspondent à “L'actualité d'Eric” figée depuis le 09/12 !

Eh, c'est la St Claude mais on dirait que c'est, également, la fête à Sno ...

Posté le : 15/02/2008 16:30
Accro
Inscrit:
29/10/2006 18:08
Citation :

snogod a écrit:
Citation :

Claude1 a écrit:

Eh, c'est la St Claude mais on dirait que c'est, également, la fête à Sno ...

Non ce n'est pas ta fete Sno ! Je suis comme eux je ne savais pas mais on ne t'en veut pas du tout au contraire ca nous offre une petite rubrique inconnue jusqu'alors !

Posté le : 15/02/2008 17:53

Haut   Précédent   Suivant